Sunday, June 24, 2007

New milestones for Addie



Last week, Addison started rolling over from her stomach to her back. She thinks it is so funny when she plops over and escapes from the dreaded tummy-time. We are also able to get her to sit alone for a few seconds at a time. Her arms are still so weak that they give out pretty quickly.

Pray for us on Tuesday morning at 8:00 AM. We are going to St. Louis Children's Hospital for Addison to undergo the sedated nerve conduction study and the EMG. These tests are being performed to try to further diagnose the limited mobilty of her legs and possibly pinpoint a disconnect between the nerves in her legs and spine. The procedure will take approximately 1.5-2 hours. We are most concerned about her being sedated. Pray that her respiratory muscles stay strong during this procedure. If all goes well, we will return home that evening.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello my Sweet Cousin!
She is so adorable! HEr muscle strength is getting stronger every day and it is so noticeable. She might be behnd for her age but I just feel in my heart that she is going to catch up and do so well! Please try not to worry to much about the nerve test, I know it is so stressful. I cried like a baby in the bathroom when Emmy had her little procedure from the car accident. I am like" I do surgery for a living and here I am bawling and on my knees in prayer for a little 30 minute procedure?!". But we never stop being mommies. God will surround her and protect her. I can tell you that I have done several of these procedures and I have to see one go wrong... That is all the Lord's doing. You and Phillip and your family will be in my prayers!

Love you, NAtalie

Anonymous said...

Sorry for my typing! It is very early over here in the desert!

Love you, hope to see you all at Thanksgiving!

Natalie

Anonymous said...

Ok, one more time, there is not an edit button here so I am struggling, you are probably laughing hysterically right now I can hear you already! What I meant to say was that I HAVE YET TO SEE ONE OF THE NERVE CONDUCTION TESTS GO WRONG! We do them all the time as a standard procedure in the OR. It protects the patient! She is protected by the armour of GOD! and all who love her!