Tuesday, October 10, 2006

10/10/06 - Tuesday

I am including some pictures from Monday, so you can see what her egg crate position looked like for this last week before her brace was placed on her. We'll try to get some pictures of her in the brace tomorrow.

Today's major accomplishment was that Addison was placed in her brace this morning before we arrived at 10:00 to see her. Hopefully this will allow her legs to begin healing and her comfort level to improve. She slept peacefully and soundly the entire morning. She has improved from he jaundice, so the lights have been turned off and she can sleep without her little glasses. She looked so sweet when we arrived with her little eyes closed and covered up with her blankets on her side- like a newborn should look. Previously she had to stay on her back the entire time, but with the brace that can position her on the side.

We also were able to talk to both the neonatologist and our pediatrician about consulting and referring us to a pediatric neurologist out of state. Both were very supportive and open to the request. However we probably will not be able to obtain an appointment or consultation until Addison is discharged from NICU and able to travel to an appointment.

For now, continue praying for Addison's fractured legs to heal quickly to alleviate her pain, that her breathing will remain strong, and that she will continue to improve with her food digestion. Once they feel that she is digesting all of her food, then they can try to begin bottle feeding again instead of the feeding tube.


Thanks for everyone's sweet comments and encouragement.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Julie and Philip,
I am not too savvy concerning these web pages, so I especially appreciate June sending out the link so I can keep up with developments. I have been praying for all of you for so long, and am encouraged by good news that you get on little Addison. She is so beautiful. I will continue to pray fervently for her health, as well as your strength spiritually and physically. Love to Megan as well. You have a precious family and are such dear parents.

God be with you!
Love,
Fabienne

Anonymous said...

Dear Julie and Philip,
What a beautiful baby girl you have, and what a blessing. I'm so thankful to be able to keep up with her progress through this web site, and I appreciate so much your specific directions in how to pray. We love and serve and faithful God, and how He is already being glorified through your faith and in the life of your little girl.
Prayerfully,
Juanita

preacherman said...

Derese Adam's let me know about Addison. I want to let you know that we have added her to our prayer list at church. We will say a special prayer for her tonight and for both of you as well. If there is anything else our church can do please let us know. You can contact me through my blog or Derese.

In Him,

Kinney Mabry
Minister of the Rocksprings Church of Christ, Rocksprings,Tx.

Gina said...

Dear Julie and Philip,
I heard of your situation through Audrey and have been checking in on your blog for the past few days. It is wonderful to see that God is blessing your sweet little baby. Know that she is on our Bible class's prayer list.

God Bless!
Gina B.
Shreveport, LA