Wednesday, October 11, 2006

One Week Old





10/11/06 – Addison celebrates her week old birthday with a new bed, eating from bottles and being held by mom.

Today turned out to be a very good day for Addison and her family. When we arrived this morning we were caught off guard when Addison’s big bed equipped with heaters and lights was not in her room, but we were quickly relieved when we saw her resting comfortably in a little wooden cradle. WHAT A BLESSING TO SEE HER SO PEACEFUL IN A REGULAR BED. Julie and I just kept staring at her and saying how sweet she looks under her blankets.

The nurses had fed Addison before we arrived at the hospital, but when we heard they were able to hold her and feed her a bottle we were again thrilled and thankful of her progress. She is much more comfortable in her new brace and is resting very well. We were so excited that we stayed by her side until her next feeding 3 ½ hours later. This time, Julie was able to hold Addison for the first time since arriving one week earlier and feed her a bottle. They both did wonderful. Addison ate twice as much as the day before and took to the bottle without any problems. Each feeding today, they were able to increase the amount of breastmilk and Addison was eager to take each additional amount without any problems. TODAY WAS TRULY AN ANSWER TO MANY PRAYERS.

The neonatologist was able to contact a specialist in the Dallas area. Based on the description, he thinks it could be neuromuscular. A local neurosurgeon and radiologist looked at Addison’s MRI in addition to the specialists from Monday night, and they too found no abnormalities. Like the Dallas doctor, they think it could be neuromuscular and are ordering an ultrasound tomorrow of her lower spine and pelvic area. WE PRAY FOR CONTINUED WISDOM FOR THE DOCTORS AND NURSES CARING FOR ADDISON, AND WE PRAY FOR WISDOM AND DISCERNMENT IN THE DESCISIONS THAT JULIE AND I WILL BE MAKING IN THE NEXT FEW DAYS. AND AS ALWAYS, WE ARE PRAYING FOR THE HEALING AND COMFORT OF ADDISON.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Julie,
You are truly an amazing mommie and strong woman. I am so PROUD you are my cousin. I wish I was there to comfort you and hold you through this time. It is obvious how strong the Lord is working on healing Addie. She looks wonderful. Her color is wonderful, her chubby cheeks adorable and her brace is too cute and look as is it makes her comfortable. Her bones will heal fast and we will all reflect back on this and praise the Lord for getting your family through this. I am always here for you!

Love oodles and oodles....

Nattie

Anonymous said...

I am so glad you got to hold Addison! Sounds like you all had a wonderful day. I'm thankful she is eating so well, too! You guys are great parents and Addison & Megan are blessed to have you both.
Love you!

Anonymous said...

Addison and all of you are in all our prayers. She is so beautiful and God will be your Rock and Comforter through all of this. I have been blessed by your family.

Anonymous said...

Julie,
I am Audrey Mauck's Aunt Wanda. I just wanted to let you know that your litle Addison is on our daily prayer list. Our prayer is healing for Addison and to give you needed strength a this time.
May God Bless you in special ways.
Wanda Echols